William Henry “Bill” Gates III is an American business magnate, entrepreneur, investor, author, and philanthropist. In 1975, Gates and Paul Allen co-founded Microsoft, which became the world’s largest PC software company.
Born on Oct. 28, 1955, Gates grew up in Seattle with his two sisters. Their father, William H. Gates II, is a Seattle attorney. Gates attended public elementary school and the private Lakeside School. There, he discovered his interest in software and began programming computers at age 13.
Bill Gates Superb Quotes
- I failed in some subjects in exam, but my friend passed in all. Now he is an engineer in Microsoft and I am the owner of Microsoft.
- Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
- I studied everything but never topped…. But today the toppers of the best universities are my employees.
- As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others.
- Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.
- Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years.
- I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.
- Be nice to nerds. Chances are you’ll end up working for one.
- Life’s not fair, get over it!
- In china when you’re one in a million, there are 1300 people just like you.
- The world won’t care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.
- If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.
- Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had a different word for burger flipping — they called it opportunity.
- It’s fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.
- Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.
- Life is not divided into semesters. You don’t get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on your own time.
- Patience is a key element of success.
- No one is less happy than I am with the performance of Microsoft stock! I’ve lost tens of billions of dollars this year — if you check, you’ll see that’s more than most people make in a lifetime!
- Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important.
- If I’d had some set idea of a finish line, don’t you think I would have crossed it years ago?
- The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.
- The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow.
- I think it’s fair to say that personal computers have become the most empowering tool we’ve ever created. They’re tools of communication, they’re tools of creativity, and they can be shaped by their user.
- Intellectual property has the shelf life of a banana.
- Well private money can take risks in a way that government money often isn’t willing to.